Residents are trying to restart a regular bridge game at the clubhouse. It will be on Mondays from 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM. If you are interested, contact Eileen Juliano to get more information and the start date.
If you are interested in starting a new group activity, the newsletter editor / webmaster will be glad to put your contact information in the Stonebrooke newsletter and on the website. The idea is for someone to take the responsibility for being the focal point for setting up a time for the event then reserving the clubhouse for that time (there is no cost if the event is for residents). The same person or others could then be sure the event happens as planned and that the clubhouse is cleaned up afterwards. Suggestions included “wine tasting,” “walking groups,” “crafts,” “arts / drawing,” “knit / crochet,” “jewelry making,” “men’s breakfast,” “men’s sport review” (get together for a game or to talk sports), and “games” (bridge, Bunko, bingo, board games).
- Doughnuts and Coffee – First Saturday, 9:30 AM — Sign-up sheet is in the clubhouse.
- Book Discussion Group — Second Thursday, 1:00 – 3:00 PM — Choose a book or books that you have recently read and would like to share with the group.
- Ladies Lunch Out — Second Friday, 11:30 AM — Sign-up is in the clubhouse. Indicate if you need a ride.
- Happy Hour – Third Wednesday, 5:30 PM — Come to the clubhouse to spend an hour with your neighbors. Bring your own beverage and anything else you’d like. No decorations, no sign-up sheet, no table settings – just a get together. Come catch up on what is going on around the neighborhood.
- Eat Out / Eat In (Hostess Choice) — Fourth Thursday, 5:30 PM — Sign-up sheet is in the clubhouse. Indicate if you need a ride.
- Mahjong — Every Tuesday, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM and every Friday, 6:30 PM — Open to beginners.
- Hand and Foot Canasta — Every Wednesday, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM and every Thursday, 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM — Open to beginners.
Clubhouse Reservation for New Activity: If people wish to start a community new activity at the clubhouse, please be sure to check the calendar on the inside bulletin board and call Eileen Juliano to be sure that time slot is not already taken. If it will be a continuing activity on a fixed schedule, please make sure that Eileen Juliano and Joanne Shaw know so it will be listed on the calendar in the clubhouse and in the newsletter each month.
Share a Recipe: If you have a recipe that you think others in the Village might like, please send it to the newsletter editor at the email address listed.
For Contact Information: Check the Residents Directory under the Residents tab in this website.
Volunteers to Host Social Activities: The Social Committee is looking for volunteers to be hosts for one month in the second half of the year. A sign-up sheet is in the clubhouse. If you have not done this before, let someone on the Social Committee know and we will try to partner you with someone who has. All information about what it involves to host activities is located in the middle drawer in the middle section of the kitchen area island – the drawer under the silverware.